Priyanka Gandhi has been a trump of ace for India National Congress since long. Rahul Gandhi has a liberal outlook. He is younger than most of the ministers and he has the zeal to learn. He somehow lacks leadership quality.
Recently, his Lok Sabha speech in opposition to the prime minister of India was loved by everyone. He put some of the important and well-proofed argument in front of the Lok Sabha members.
Ahead of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was elected as the AICC General Secretary of Uttar Pradesh by President of The Congress. She will be taking charge of Uttar Pradesh from 1st week of February 2019.
So, is this trump card played too soon? Or it was done with a plan? Lets talk about the effect of the decision taken by congress over the party itself and over the Lok Sabha Election 2019.
Priyanka Gandhi as a Trump card for Congress
Congress doesn’t have much to lose. So, introducing her as a trial in Uttar Pradesh can might be a good reason to change the graph of their downstream going party.
Some of the advantage having Priyanka Gandhi in the front end are
- Congress has a strong position in Southern India, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Rajasthan, and Maharashtra & West Bengal as well. In Uttar Pradesh, there are 80 seats to fight for of which 2 are of Congress. So, a new and passionate face could do the 2+4 or 2+6 maths for them.
- Due to the effective connectivity of Priyanka Gandhi with the people, it could be a graph changing for the party.
- . More appealing face in terms of talent and public retention.
- Presence of mind. Yeah, she got it in an ample amount. In an interview, asked by a reporter, Modi told that Priyanka Gandhi is like his daughter. This way he was trying to be a sympathetic towards Congress. But when asked by Priyanka about this statement of Modi, she told that she is only a daughter of her father Rajiv Gandhi & Sonia Gandhi. This statement clears the fact that she is here to make the opposition taste their own medicine.
- Participative leadership quality.
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra is a popular figure in Indian politics, drawing large crowd everywhere. There is a popular slogan in Amethi, ‘Amethi ka dunka, bitiya Priyanka’. She looks so much like her Grandmother- Indira Gandhi which gave her a good image in politics to start with.
What could possibly not go with the flow for Congress
After assigning the East U.P to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, West U.P to Shri Jyotiraditya, it seems Congress is in a mood to play a test match rather than to play aggressively. They are at a defending mood. So, after all those plans and futuristic vision, many circumstances can be raised which could affect INC adversely.
some of the effect that could take place with the gamble
- Priyanka Gandhi is introduced to break the perception of BJP and coalition party. But introdution of Priyanka in Congress is itself a perception among people.
- To be a Block President of a party for a common person, it takes whole life and hardwork, which Priyanka got in a snap of a finger. This could create difference in tuning of internal party members.
- Its a big gamble with Priyanka Gandhi. Although Congress doesn’t have much to lose, still this can be a immense hike of career in politics or can ruin the whole career.
In an interview with Rediff.com, she told that “I am very clear in my mind. Politics is not a strong pull, the people are. And I can do things for them without being in politics.” She always works for Congress without being in limelight. But circumstances made her come in front ahead of 2019 Elections.
Well let us see what could be the result and under what circumstances. Do let us know if you have any other point of view.